|A Day in The Country|
|Season 2, Episode 8|
|Written by||Jonathan Evans|
|Directed by||Craig Lines|
What You Don't Know
The Scare Game
A Day in The Country was the eighth episode of the second season of Tracy Beaker Returns. It was broadcast at 17:00 on the CBBC Channel on 18/02/2011.
The residents of the Dumping Ground take a trip to the country to learn about teambuilding. But after Gina twists her ankle, everything starts to go wrong.
- First and only episode of Tracy Beaker Returns (and of all of the Tracy Beaker shows) to not feature the Dumping Ground.
- In the scene where captions appear over Tracy's team, Frank is called "Frank N Stein" and Toby "Toby (or not to be)". These are references to Mary Shelley's novel Frankenstein and a line from William Shakespeare's play Hamlet, which features the line "to be or not to be".
- In this episode, the opening notes are missing from the theme tune's title sequence.
- The music played during the assault course scene is the William Tell Overture by Gioachino Rossini.
- This is the third episode to feature a near death experience (in this case, Carmen nearly falling off the bridge).
- Jeff's leg has been repaired since the events of Elektra.
- The photograph taken of everyone at the end of the episode reappears in a number of later episodes, including Chain Reaction, Goodbye Tracy Beaker and The Dumping Ground episode Growing Pains.
- A few errors occur due to cutting between cameras and takes in the scene where Carmen and Toby fall onto the poo:
- Carmen and Toby are shown falling onto the poo repeatedly.
- In one shot when Carmen falls over, Toby teleports from one place to another.
- Despite not falling into the poo flat on his face, Toby still manages to get his entire face covered in poo.
- When Elektra, Toby and Carmen run in front of the rest of Tracy's group, Tracy goes from pointing at the kids to having abruptly turned her body (to give Frank the compass) when the camera changes angles.