|Caring and Sharing|
|Series 5, Episode 1|
|Air date||1st January 2006|
|Written by||Mary Morris|
|Directed by||Lesley Manning|
Tracy Beaker's Parties With Pudsey, Part 5
Too Many Crooks
Caring and Sharing was the first episode of the fifth season of The Story of Tracy Beaker. It first aired on 1st January 2006 on CBBC.
Seeing that the kids seem to be slowly turning into mindless zombies, Elaine attempts to wean the kids off vegging out in front of the TV with a more classic pursuit - puppet theatres. Elsewhere, Mike is not enjoying his new role as chef and Justine Littlewood finds herself back at the Dumping Ground when her cousin, John moves in and turns her life upside down.
- First appearance of Georgina Hagen as Rebecca Chalmers.
- Justine Littlewood returns to live at the Dumping Ground
- First appearance of Elm Tree House I.
- Connor Byrne as Mike Milligan returns.
- First episode with cast ordered in appearance.
- When Elaine brings out the puppet theatre, Rio asks if it is a TARDIS. Which is a reference to the time travelling machine from Doctor Who.
- Layla says that the puppet theatre is a Wendy House. This is a reference to Peter Pan, where the childs playhouse (Which Layla meant) got its name.
- This episode, the first day of it, took place exactly two years after Good As Gold.
- Both Steve and Carrie Littlewood are both portrayed by different actors then the ones who portrayed them in previous series.
- Dani Harmer as Tracy Beaker is absent in this episode, but her voice was heard when Crash was reading a postcard from Tracy while she was on holiday with Cam in Egypt.
- As of this episode, Elaine is now the "Acting Head Careworker" until the episode "Telling Tales".
- Craig Roberts' (Rio) voice has now broken.
- Mike mentions that Duke is away in the Caribbean.
- In Return to Sender, Sid moved the kids to a new building. This happened after Justine left the Dumping Ground, so how would she have known its new address? (Sid may have informed Justine and/or the rest of the family the same way he told Cam and Tracy)
- Sid also just disappears without an explanation, like he appeared without an explanation.
- When Justine first meets John, he tells her to stop petting his dog, Bruce, as he doesn't like girls. But Bruce seems to actually like Justine, and enjoy her fussing over him.
- There's no mention why they now live in a different building. (Again).