|Series 3, Episode 19|
Coming Round was the 19th episode of the third season of The Dumping Ground. It was first broadcast on 1st December 2015 at 4:30pm on CBBC and CBBC HD.
Jody upsets Ryan after breaking a frog model his sister, Chloe, made for him and when May-Li's grandmother turns up unexpectedly, he sees this as a chance to take cruel revenge during a martial arts battle.
- It is learnt that Jody's testimony in Jody in Wonderland consequently put Kingsley behind bars, but her mother still hates her testifying.
- Ryan presumably learnt about Jody's past from reading her file in The Long Way Home.
- This episode reveals that May-Li is a lesbian and has adopted 2 kids.
- Unlike other family members we have seen in the series (such as Mo's parents), PoPo's real name is never given, either in the episode itself or the end credits.
- May-Li mentions the fictional nanny Mary Poppins.
A few scenes were deleted from this episode that were later made available through CBBC's website:
- Jody showing up late for another session of Kung-Fu, which ends with Mike falling over after trying to balance on one leg.
- PoPo telling Jody to channel her Chi, and is then shown by May-Li how to do it.
- At the end of the scene, the song "Everybody Was Kung-Fu Fighting" starts playing, suggesting these scenes were taken from an earlier edit of the episode.
- Finn goes into the toilet, only to yell at Harry and Floss outside that there is another spider, prompting Floss to ask if she can help get rid of it again.
- It is perhaps odd that Jody pronounces PoPo as "Poe Poe" as opposed to "Pore Pore", as PoPo introduced herself to Jody with the latter pronounciation.
- After May-Li hears Jody call her grandmother "PoPo", May-Li says to PoPo that she already has Jody learning Chinese. Strictly speaking, Chinese is not a language. What we refer to as "dialects" of Chinese (e.g. Mandarin and Cantonese) are the actual languages.
- In the audio described version, in the scene where Jody and Tyler talk to each other on the stairs, the narrator says Tyler is practiscing his kung fu. He was not. Tyler was making mock-kung fu moves and noises as opposed to actual practice.