|Season 2, Episode 2|
|Air date|| 07/01/2011 (as Fallen)|
|Written by||Elly Brewer and Ben Ward|
|Directed by||Neasa Hardiman|
The Burnywood Menace
Drained was the second episode of the second season of Tracy Beaker Returns. It was orignally broadcast back to back with the preceeding episode The Burnywood Menace under the title "Fallen" at 17:00 on the CBBC Channel on 07/01/2011.
The Dumping Ground is re-opened and everyone is left to deal with the consequences of Tracy's actions.
- Trims were made to this episode on its original broadcast:
- Johnny trying to convince Gina that their emergency foster family would like to take care of them permanently and Tee apologising for Johnny being Johnny.
- The scene where Johnny tries to get Harry down the hole, throws Jeff down and gets himself stuck is shown cut down as a flashback (and with numerous alternate angles) after Harry comes to tell the others. We instead cut straight from Gus telling Leanne "things that Mike has done right" to Harry calling for help.
- Liam greeting Frank and learning that his grandad's condition has worsened.
- Toby is absent in this episode (although he is seen in a cartoon animation) as he is still with his temporary foster family.
- Cam fosters Lily.
- The boy who stole Carmen's clothes is revealed to be Tyler in the following season. The Dumping Ground Survival Files will later retcon Tyler's theft as a joke.
- Frank mentions that his grandad's condition has got "worse". This will eventually lead to Mr Matthews's death in Grandad.
- This is the first time since the original series someone says they have "hayfever" (as opposed to admitting they are crying) in this case, Mike.
- This is the first time Mike has been made to attend a hearding regarding the future of his job.
- The exterior of the building used for the town hall was the Senior School building of the La Sargesse School, which in reality was only a few hundred metres away from the Junior School building, which was used in the show as Elm Tree House.
- When Carmen starts beating up Johnny, she talks without moving her lips.
- When Johnny climbs up the ladder, you can see Leanne's nose already has blood on it before she is punched.
- Harry ran off after Jeff was thrown down the hole, but somehow knew Johnny had got stuck down it, even though he ran off before Johnny went down the hole.