|Face the Music|
|Series 2, Episode 13|
|Written by||Elly Brewer|
|Directed by||Diana Patrick|
Face The Music was the thirteenth episode of the second season of The Dumping Ground. It was first broadcast on 28/03/2014 at 17:30 on the CBBC Channel and CBBC HD.
While out on work experience with Faith, Frank sees Liam, now a trainee plumber. Frank then uncharacteristically picks a fight with Liam, leading to all of them losing their jobs. Will Frank be able to get Faith a new work placement and will he be able to resolve whatever is wrong with Liam?
Harry and Floss discuss outside the bathrooms how they are going to miss Frank and show each other the presents that Frank gave them. Floss then has the idea of putting her present (fishing maggots) in the newcomers' bed as a welcome.
- Final appearances of Daniel Pearson as Rick Barber, Richard Wisker as Liam O'Donovan and Chris Finch as Jack O'Donovan .
- Final regular appearances of Christopher John-Slater as Frank Matthews and Leanne Dunstan as Faith Davis . Frank would return to answer questions in season 2 of The Dumping Ground Survival Files, would return the following summer for a series of web videos called The Dumping Ground Dish Up and appeared in the following series' Refuge. And made another guest appearance in Series 5's What Lies Beneath . And Faith would later return in the following season's Better Than You.
- Final episode written by Elly Brewer, who stepped down as head writer at the end of the season.
- Scenes from an earlier edit of this episode were later edited into an episode of Liam's Story called "Finale". This edit has a few differences from the broadcast episode:
- In the scene where Liam is busking, his phone's ringtone is different.
- In the scene where Liam attempts to justify what he did to get the money for the recording studio, he calls Poppy "Cherry".
- When Liam finishes his song in front of Jack, he can be heard strumming the strings twice. In the finished episode, he instead can be heard sliding his hand down the strings.
- The background music is absent from the scene where Liam and Jack reconcile.
- According to Mike, it has been about a month since GI Johnny.
- First time we hear Mo singing.
- Final episode to have a bonus scene.
- When Liam and Frank are talking to each other in the cafe, Liam is surprised to learn that Frank is no longer living on his own and is living at the Dumping Ground again. So why did he go to the Dumping Ground to look for Frank at the end of Liam's Story?
- Liam doesn't seem to react or notice that the home is no longer Elm Tree House and is now Ashdene Ridge. And he doesn't seem bothered or notice that Tracy , Gina , Gus and Elektra are gone and like everyone else in Kick Off , acts like May-Li has been there for years.
- The subtitles incorrectly spell Sian's name as "Shani" before eventually switching to "Sian" in the scene where Jody is briefing the kids on what they need to do for Mike and Sian's lunch.
- When Frank, Harry and Floss are leaving the Town Hall after failing to invite Sian to lunch. Floss says to Harry that she should of given the letter to Sian, even though Floss was the one who gave the letter to her.
- When Liam was teaching Johnny, Mo and Tyler the "Twelve Tiny Hours" song he wrote, everyone was laughing and making fun of Mo because he was mainly just shouting instead of singing. But Johnny was also shouting more than singing, yet no one made a comment about that.
- Before the lunch with Sian, Faith is seen wearing what looks like an iPod on her right arm. When lunch is over, the device is gone (though it is possible she just removed it during lunch).
Floss (on Liam and Frank's plan to move out): And you'll both live happily ever after!