|First Past The Post|
|Season 4, Episode 8|
- The title is a reference to the voting method of the United Kingdom known as "First Past The Post", where the political party with the most votes wins the election.
- This is the second time an election has been held at the Dumping Ground, after The Invitation.
- This is the second time Mike has been suspended from his job, after The Burnywood Menace, though this time the Dumping Ground is not closed as a result of this.
- Following the episode's first broadcast, a special Newsround bulletin about Mike's suspension was uploaded to the CBBC website.
- This was the final episode of The Dumping Ground to be aired before CBBC's change from the logo with white letters to the multicoloured "C".
- Bailey's pet-sitting business is brought up again in Risky Business and is later mentioned in Back in The Game