|Jody in Wonderland|
|Series 2, Episode X|
|Air date||December 16, 2013|
|Written by||Elly Brewer|
|Directed by||Nigel Douglas|
"Jody in Wonderland" was a Christmas special of The Dumping Ground. It aired on December 16th, 2013, as a Christmas special.
Jody is requested to give a statement concerning her brother Kingsley. If Jody testifies against him, his grip on the family may be loosened and she may be able to live with her mum again. On the other hand, Jody's mum says that she should not, because if Kingsley is not prosecuted, he may make life even more of a misery for them. Unsure of what to do, Jody follows a white rabbit into Wonderland and encounters some familiar looking characters.
- This is the only episode of The Dumping Ground to premiere on a Monday.
- Only double length episode to not be composed of two normal length episodes.
- This is the first episode to be preceded with a "Previously..." recap; the next one will be What Lies Beneath.
- The opening titles have been updated to replace any pictures of Elm Tree House with Ashdene Ridge. Mo, Floss and May-Li are added to the opening titles, while Elektra, Gus and Gina have been removed. The version of the opening titles seen in this episode is also its sole use due to Bailey being added to them in the following episode.
- The episode takes its title from Lewis Carroll's novel Alice in Wonderland.
- First appearance of Ashdene Ridge.
- First appearance of Stacy Liu as May-Li Wang.
- May-Li mentions that Gina no longer works at the Dumping Ground.
- This is not the first time characters from the Tracy Beaker franchise have interacted with Alice in Wonderland characters. A special programme in 2006 called Children's Party at The Palace had Tracy see the White Rabbit, notice he had dropped his invitation to Buckingham Palace and run after him to return the invite. On returning the invite, the White Rabbit allows Tracy to go in his place. This is, however, the first time in The Dumping Ground someone has crossed over to meet other literary characters.
- From this episode onward, Chris Slater (Frank) is now credited as "Christopher John-Slater".
- The episode is often skipped on repeat runs of The Dumping Ground, probably due to its length, being a special, or both.
- This is the first Christmas special; the next one will be The Dumping Ground Island
- In the recap, when Jody says "They (Carmen and Tyler) haven't been here long", the subtitles read "we" instead of "they".
- During the Caucus Race scene, whenever Jody looks at the photograph of her mum and brothers, when the camera is looking a Jody, she is seen looking at photo of a blank black rectangle with a white border. It is only when we see the photo from Jody's POV that we see her mum and brothers.