|Season 2, Episode 1|
|Written by||Elly Brewer|
|Directed by||Sallie Aprahamian|
Jody in Wonderland
Kick Off was the first episode of the second season of The Dumping Ground. It was first broadcast on 10/01/2014 at 17:00 on the CBBC Channel and CBBC HD.
After his dad vanishes, Bailey Wharton is left at the Dumping Ground, much to the consternation of himself and the others, to whom he behaves rudely.
Floss asks Mo why he is wearing a bucket on his head, to which he replies that he sneezed while making a get well card for Faith and glitter went all over his face. Floss says that she won't laugh if Mo takes the bucket off his head. He does so and Floss starts laughing. Mo sticks the bucket back on his head and says that Floss is laughing at him. Floss denies this, sticks a bucket over her head and continues laughing.
- First appearance of Kasey McKellar as Bailey Wharton, who is added to the opening titles beginning with this episode.
- First episode to have a bonus scene.
- The episode was originally broadcast back-to-back with the following episode under the title "Booting Up".
- Frank is now living independently.
- Dog Days Are Over by Florence and the Machine is heard in the scene where the others are getting ready for supper and Mike comes back.
- This is the first time someone has got ran over: the first being Faith and the second being Mischief.
- When Faith is in the hospital and says that she is training for 800 metres, the subtitles read "100".
- When Carmen says "send him (Bailey) to Burnywood", the subtitles spell it "Burneywood".
- In the previous season (in the episode Seriously Funny), Tyler's mum was shown to be a white skinned woman. From this episode onward, Tyler's mother is now portrayed as a black skinned woman. The white skinned mother is Tyler's mum in real life.