|Liberty in the DG|
|Season 1, Episode 2|
|Written by||Emma Reeves|
|Directed by||Craig Lines|
Liberty in the DG was the second episode of The Dumping Ground. It was orignally broadcast back-to-back with the pevious episode Home Alone under the title "Freedom" on the CBBC Channel on 04/01/2013.
Still home alone, the Dumping Ground kids find that the fridge has been exhausted of food and face starvation. Meanwhile, Elektra tries to get herself a free trip to Australia.
- The original back-to-back broadcast cut the start where Gus receives a message on his mobile phone from Mike. On the other hand, the back-to-back broadcast shows Harry and Jody getting off the bouncy castle and heading for the kitchen, which is not present in the individual broadcasts.
- This is the last time Mr. Hamster is mentioned.
- This is the only season premiere of The Dumping Ground to have footage cut on its original broadcast.
- During the filming for this episode, Philip Graham Scott (Harry) got stuck at the top of a bouncy castle when it was re-inflated for a take.
- When Jody yells at Harry "I'm higher than you", the subtitles identify her as "Boy:" instead of "Jody:"
- Look closely at the e-mail Faith looks up on the computer screen, and you can see that the word application is spelt "applicatdion".
- It is unknown why Lily (or none of the other kids) suggested going to Lily's dad's flat for food.