Bailey's world is rocked when his mum turns up at Ashdene Ridge. Can he forgive her for abandoning him as a toddler? Meanwhile, Carmen resorts to drastic measures when Ofsted inspectors arrive unexpectedly.
- Kasey McKellar as Bailey Wharton
- Connor Byrne as Mike Milligan
- Mia McKenna-Bruce as Tee Taylor
- Amy-Leigh Hickman as Carmen Howle
- Miles Butler-Hughton as Tyler Lewis
- Kia Pegg as Jody Jackson
- Reece Buttery as Mo Michaels
- Annabelle Davis as Sasha Bellman
- Nelly Currant as Toni Trent
- Akuc Bol as Kazima Tako
- Philip Graham Scott as Harry Jones
- Gwen Currant as Billie Trent
- Sarah Rayson as Floss Guppy
- Ruben Reuter as Finn McLaine
- Lewis Hamilton as Ryan Reeves
- Stacy Liu as May-Li Wang
- Sage as Mischief
Recurring and Guest
- This is the first time the opening titles were not changed for the start of a new series.
- The size of the episode title credits have increased since the previous series.
- The newspaper with Bailey's picture reads "This Seasons Young Hopefuls". There is a grammatical error as there ought to be an apostrophe in "Season's".
- Carmen, after having to wear glasses since "Fake It to Make It" suddenly doesn't need them anymore. It's possible that she started wearing contact lenses instead, but nothing it mentioned or Carmen having to wear glasses is brought up again.
- The BBC's website at first erroneously listed the compilation version of the episode with the episode description from "Refuge".
- For the episode's first individual broadcast, the BBC's website erroneously referred to the episode as the second episode of series 4, rather than the first.
- The subtitles call Floss "Ross". This occurs in both the compilation and individual episode versions.
- In the audio described version, when Jody and Mo take Alison (or rather, Bryony) upstairs, the narrator calls Jody "Jo".
- On BBC iPlayer, it says that this episode was aired on January 30 instead of 29.