|New Life's Eve|
|Season 1, Episode 2|
|Air date|| 08/01/2010 (as Full Circle)|
16/01/2010 (individual, BBC2)
|Written by||Elly Brewer and Ben Ward|
|Directed by||Neasa Hardiman|
Tracy Beaker Superstar
Bad Luck Boy
New Life's Eve was the second episode of Tracy Beaker Returns. It was first broadcast back-to-back with the previous episode Tracy Beaker Superstar under the title "Full Circle" at 17:00 on the CBBC Channel on 08/01/2010.
Tracy runs the risk of being sacked when she continually turns up late and breaks her promises to the kids.
- The episode's title is written in a narrow font as opposed to the bold font used in other episodes.
- Mike receives a phone call from Rob, a social worker, in this episode. He will make his first appearance in Sisters.
- The episode's title is a play on the name New Year's Eve.
- The song Tracy is heard singing while vacuuming is (an out of tune rendition of) A Million Love Songs by Take That.
- After Tracy smashes the plate, the song Keep on Running sung by The Spencer Davis Group is played.
- Given that Lily tried to attack Liam when he tried to climb in the window and Carmen's statement of "I told you it was Liam", it appears that Lily and her sisters were not yet living at the DG the last time Liam was living there.
- This is the first episode to feature Liamade (in the next episode we see it, it will have changed colour due to a change in recipe).
- Lily makes a comment to Johnny (whilst he is wearing the shorts) that he looks like Peter Pan.
- As with the previous episode, the rendition of the theme over the end credits is different to what is heard in the following episodes.
- Just before the kids leave the room, the bottle of Liamade starts fizzing and the fizz starts to come out the top. When Mike walks into the kitchen, the bottle of Liamade is not fizzing at all (but you can still hear the bottle fizzing) and there is no liquid on the kitchen worktop.
- There are a few errors with the subtitles in this episode:
- When Frank tells Liam "We'll paint it" (referring to Liam's bedroom), the subtitles read "We helped paint it".
- When Liam shows Tracy the last bottle of Liamade, the subtitles read "lemonade" (though when Liam says his line, it does sound like he's saying "Liam-nade").
- The subtitles erroneously spell Jeff as "Geoff".
- Frank's statement of "nice shorts" does not appear on the subtitles.
- When Tracy discovers the letter, she yells at Mike that she has never met her mother. This begins a recurring contradiction with Tracy Beaker: The Movie of Me, where she met her mother.
- When Tracy shows Cam the letter, Cam tells Tracy that her birth mum never applied for visiting rights, saying this to justify why she was right about not showing Tracy the letter. However, in the movie Tracy's mum showed up at the Dumping Ground without applying for rights, the only complaint being that she did not hang around at the DG to tell Elaine where they were going.
|Tracy Beaker Returns episodes|
Season 1: Tracy Beaker Superstar • New Life's Eve • Bad Luck Boy • By The Book • Family Values • Anarchy in the DG • Secrets • Sisters • Good Luck Boy • Viva Carmen • The Werewolf • A Day at The Beach • Moving On
Season 3: The Visitors • Firestarter • Shadows • Big Brother • Belonging • Eggs • Justine Littlewood Returns • Reward • Summer Holiday • Going Home • Jody Jackson • The Invitation • Goodbye Tracy Beaker