|Series 3, Episode 20|
Lost and Found
Refuge was the 20th episode of the third season of The Dumping Ground. It was first broadcast on 8th December 2015 at 4:30pm on CBBC and CBBC HD.
Kazima fails her age assessment and is threatened with being sent back to Somalia. The Dumping Ground residents rally to help her any way they can, but a spanner is thrown into the works after someone reports that Kazima used to be a thief.
- Ryan presumably learnt about Kazima's past after reading her file in The Long Way Home.
- First appearance of Frank Matthews since last season's Face The Music (although prior to this episode, he had been seen in season 2 of The Dumping Ground Survival Files and The Dumping Ground Dish Up). He will later make a reappearance in What Lies Beneath.
- Kazima's dad is named "Hakim" in the end credits.
- Final episode of The Dumping Ground to air on a Tuesday. The show returned to being broadcasted on Fridays with season 4.
- When Kazima flees from Frank's home, the street she runs down is the street seen at the start of Finding Frank
- Tee asks Ryan, who is on his skateboard, why the skating competition was so important to him, only to be told that it was not. (This was presumably meant to take place before the scene where Tee voices her suspicions about Ryan to Sasha).
- The immigration lady says that she has to move Kazima because she cannot stay in a house with minors (children under 18). However, in the previous season, Frank was allowed to stay at Ashdene Ridge despite being 18. But that was probably because he has cerebral palsy and wasn't ready to fend for himself yet.
- For an unknown and bizarre reason, the end credits give Frank's surname as Gallagher despite past episodes saying Matthews and actually confirming his surname was Matthew's during lines in various episode from Tracy Beaker Returns to The Dumping Ground Series 2 .