|Series 4, Episode 9|
First Past The Post
The End of it All
Survivors was the ninth episode of the fourth season of The Dumping Ground. It was first broadcast on 18th March 2016 at 5:00pm on CBBC and CBBC HD.
With everyone glum over Mike's suspension, May-Li takes the young people to a theme park, only for the minibus to have a puncture. Meanwhile back at the Dumping Ground, Ryan and Carmen stay behind to look after Harry, then must look for him after he runs away.
- This episode establishes that Ashdene Ridge is located in Newcastle.
- This is the only episode of any Tracy Beaker show where someone has had a genuine case of hayfever, in this case, Jody.
- This was the first episode of The Dumping Ground to air after CBBC's change to the multicoloured logo. However, on its original broadcast, the end credits still carried the old white letters on green background logo. It was eventually edited, along with the rest of the episodes from season 4A, to carry the new multicoloured logo.
- Following the episode's broadcast, a special bulletin of BBC regional new programme Look North was uploaded to the CBBC website.
- In conjunction with this episode's airing, a special "Save Mike" campaign was promoted on CBBC's website.
- Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off", which can be heard when the bus is driving around the countryside before it gets its puncture, was previously used as the music for season 3A's trailer.
- Shona and Jody's names are incorrectly spelt as "Shana" and "Jodie" (although the former is later corrected)".
- The subtitles call Jody "he" at one point.