|Series 2, Episode 4|
|Written by||Debbie Oates|
|Directed by||Sallie Aprahamian|
The Barbecue was the fourth episode of the second season of The Dumping Ground. It was first broadcast on 24/01/2014 at 17:30 on the CBBC Channel and CBBC HD.
Harry and Mo discuss how there may be buried treasure underneath the vegetables. Mo tells Harry that Tyler has gone to look for it and explains that he decided not to look for it on account that it looked as thought it was about to rain. A soaked Tyler then walks past Mo and Harry, having only found a carrot.
- The episode is sometimes spelt "The Barbeque", including on CBBC's website.
- This is the second time a window at the Dumping Ground has been smashed by a football. This first time was by Tracy in series 1 of The Story of Tracy Beaker. Where Mike took the blame for Tracy, so she wouldn't get into trouble with Jenny
- This is the first time Bailey is taken into police custody.
- Mike makes a comment in this episode that Frank has not been seen for a while. This is followed up in the following episode Finding Frank.
- Final appearance of Jessie Williams as Lily Kettle, though she remains in the opening titles until the end of the season and she would return for a series of web videos the following year called The Dumping Ground Dish Up.
- This is the first episode to feature May-Li Wang's animated character in a cartoon animation.
- The song Sleep Alone by Two Door Cinema Club is used in the episode.
- The song Pack Up by Eliza Doolittle is used in the episode.