Season 2 of the Dumping Ground commenced with a Christmas special on 16 December 2013, with a full season airing from 10 January to 28 March 2014. It was also complemented with bonus scenes and a series of webisodes released on the same day a new episode was broadcast via the CBBC website.
The season introduced new characters in the form of May-Li Wang, a new careworker replacing Gina, Bailey Wharton, a young boy with aspirations of becoming a footballer, and Kazima, a refugee from Africa. The series also featured the return of Richard Wisker as Liam O'Donovan for the webisodes and the season finale.
Kay Purcell (Gina) and Jessica Revell (Elektra) did not return for the season. The series also featured the departures of Jessie Williams as Lily Kettle and Chris Slater as Frank Matthews, as well as the final appearances of Leanne Dunstan as Faith Davis and Daniel Pearson as Rick Barber.
- Christmas Special. Jody in Wonderland
- Kick Off
- The Dumping Ground Experience
- The Barbecue
- Finding Frank
- Holding On
- I Have a Dream
- Sticks and Stones
- GI Johnny
- Be My Girl
Special: Liam's Story
- Face The Music
- Connor Byrne as Mike Milligan
- Stacy Liu as May-Li Wang
- Daniel Pearson as Rick Barber
- Leanne Dunstan as Faith Davis
- Sarah Rayson as Floss Guppy
- Amy Leigh-Hickman as Carmen Howle
- Kia Pegg as Jody Jackson
- Philip Graham Scott as Harry Jones
- Jessie Williams as Lily Kettle
- Miles Butler-Hughton as Tyler Lewis
- Chris Slater as Frank Matthews
- Reece Buttery as Mo Michaels
- Akuc Bol as Kazima Tako
- Joe Maw as Johnny Taylor
- Mia McKenna-Bruce as Tee Taylor
- Kasey McKellar as Bailey Wharton
- In the theme tune, the cartoon characters remained as they were in series one.