|Season 3, Episode 11|
|Air date|| 06/10/15 (individual)|
20/03/16 (compilation as The New Girl)
Free to Good Home
A new girl named Sasha is dropped off at Ashdene Ridge on her way to a secure facility where she makes a big impression with the residents. Elsewhere, Ryan, Bailey and Mo get into a spot of bother whilst looking after a neighbour's house.
- The episode was originally meant to have been broadcasted on 18th September, but for some reason was pushed into October.
- First episode of The Dumping Ground to be broadcast on a Tuesday.
- First appearance of Annabelle Davis as Sasha Bellman.
- The opening titles have been edited to remove Johnny and add Finn and Sasha.
- In the episode trailer, in the scene where Floss and Carmen find Sasha on the bus, Carmen tells Mike they have a "little" stowaway. In the broadcast episode, the word "little" is cut.
- First appearance of Mo's dad (or rather his grandad), although we only see him on the video tape.
- In the scene where the kids are watching the film, audio from Disney's Pinnochio can be heard.
- This is the second time in The Dumping Ground that hayfever has been brought up as a substitute for crying (in this case, Mike crying over Pinnochio).
- The episode was later aired in compilation format with the following episode under the name of "The New Girl". This is so far the only instance where the individual parts of the premiere were aired first and compilation followed afterward, as opposed to the other way round.
- First mid-season premiere.
- The episode was at first erroneously listed as "Series 4: Episode 1" on the BBC's online tv guide.
- The credits on the BBC's website erroneously list Keith and Johnny, neither of whom are in the episode.
- In the audio described version (of the individual episode broadcast), during the scene where Floss is throwing away the printer cartridges, the narrator calls her "Flo".