Tracy has published her own book about her time in care. Unfortunately, she used Cam's credit card to do that and must now pay her back. Elsewhere at the Dumping Ground, Mike and Gina find they need another care worker.
- Dani Harmer as Tracy Beaker
- Connor Byrne as Mike
- Lisa Coleman as Cam
- Kay Purcell as Gina
- John Bell as Toby
- Amy-Leigh Hickman as Carmen
- Noah Marullo as Gus
- Mia McKenna-Bruce as Tee
- Joe Maw as Johnny
- Philip Graham Scott as Harry
- Chris Slater as Frank
- Jessie Williams as Lily
- Richard Wisker as Liam
- Saffron Coomber as Sapphire
- When the kids are watching the TV at the start and briefly change channels, the opening titles of CBBC gameshow Get 100 are seen.
- Unique to this episode, the opening titles stop when we see the "Tracy Beaker Returns" title at the the end of the opening titles and cut to black. Later episodes will show the page of the book turning over leading into the scene after the titles.
- Unique to this episode, the opening theme plays over the opening scenes as opposed to stopping when the opening titles end.
- The rendition of the theme over the closing credits is different in this and the following episode to the rest of the series.
- I Fought The Law, sung by the group The Bobby Fuller Four, is heard when Liam is being chased down the street.
- A Message to You, Rudy, sung by the group The Specials is heard when Tracy is taken to a prison cell..
- It has been four years since Tracy was last at the Dumping Ground.
- Tracy mentions to Mike that she and Cam do not talk about Gary.
- Mike tells Liam to be less "Artful Dodger". The Artful Dodger was a member of a gang of pickpockets from the Charles Dickens novel Oliver Twist .
- In the compilation version, when Tracy returns home and finds Cam's messages on the answering machine, Cam only leaves four messages. In the individual episode version, she leaves seven.
- Tracy left school without qualifications.
- There are a number of errors caused by cutting between different camera angles:
- At the start when Harry messes with the TV set, the position of his head and shoulders are different when the camera cuts between him in long shot and close up.
- When Mike gets the others around the TV to show Tracy's interview to them, Harry goes from being on the floor, to already being stood up, to then getting up from the floor, to kneeling and then to being stood up when the camera cuts between angles.
- When Tracy falls over, the position of the jogger goes from grabbing her arm to not yet touching her when the camera cuts angles.
- When Mike goes to switch the TV back to Tracy's interview, it is already on the tv before we hear him press the button to change channels.
- Sapphire and the guest cast go uncredited.
|Tracy Beaker Returns episodes|
Season 1: Tracy Beaker Superstar • New Life's Eve • Bad Luck Boy • By The Book • Family Values • Anarchy in the DG • Secrets • Sisters • Good Luck Boy • Viva Carmen • The Werewolf • A Day at The Beach • Moving On
Season 3: The Visitors • Firestarter • Shadows • Big Brother • Belonging • Eggs • Justine Littlewood Returns • Reward • Summer Holiday • Going Home • Jody Jackson • The Invitation • Goodbye Tracy Beaker