|Tracy Returns to the Dumping Ground|
|Series 1, Episode 1|
|Air date||8th July 2002|
|Written by||Elly Brewer|
|Directed by||Susan Tully|
|“||And you never let me eat sweets, you were wimps whilst watching horror videos, and your kitchen stunk on wet dogs! And I never want to see you, ever, again!||”|
Tracy Returns to the Dumping Ground, sometimes called Tracy Returns, is the first episode of the first series of The Story of Tracy Beaker and the first episode of The Tracy Beaker Franchise. It first aired on 8th July 2002 on CBBC.
Returning to the Dumping ground after a failed fostering with Ted and Julie, Tracy Beaker is appalled to see that her bedroom has been taken by a new girl, Justine Littlewood. Sneaking into the room Tracy manages to break Justine's clock, and when she hears Justine and her old best friend, Louise Goven, coming she runs away.
Justine is devastated and furious, especially as her Dad gave her the clock and he is coming later. Ryan and Zac promise to fix the clock, but time is running out, will it be mended in time? Tracy meets a boy, Ben, while out, and is impressed by his huge quantities of chocolate.
- Tracy Beaker - Dani Harmer
- Justine Littlewood - Montana Thompson
- Louise Goven - Chelsie Padley
- Adele Azupadi - Rochelle Gadd
- Ben Batambuze - Luke Youngblood
- Ryan Patterson - Sonny Muslim
- Zac Patterson - Jay Haher
- Peter Ingham - Joe Starrs
- Maxy King - Jerome Holder
- Jenny Edwards - Sharlene Whyte
- Mike Milligan - Connor Byrne
- Duke Ellington - Clive Rowe
- First appearance of Dani Harmer as Tracy Beaker.
- First appearance of Montanna Thompson as Justine Littlewood.
- First appearance of Chelsie Padley as Louise Goven.
- First appearance of Rochelle Gadd as Adele Azupadi.
- First appearance of Luke Youngblood as Ben Batambuze.
- First appearance of Sonny Muslim as Ryan Patterson.
- First appearance of Jay Haher as Zac Patterson.
- First appearance of Joe Starrs as Peter Ingham.
- First appearance of Jerome Holder as Maxy King.
- First appearance of Sharlene Whyte as Jenny Edwards.
- First appearance of Connor Byrne as Mike Milligan.
- First appearance of Clive Rowe as Duke Ellington.
- In the scene where Mike and Peter hear Tracy return, Mike tells him to call "International Rescue" if he does not return. This is a reference to the puppet tv show Thunderbirds, which featured an organisation named "International Rescue".
- The scenen with Tracy, Ben and Mike in town were the first scenes ever to be filmed in The Story of Tracy Beaker.
- Mike mentions that Tracy had been living with Ted and Julie for 6 months.
- Steve Littlewood is not credited.
- When Justine gets upset about her broken clock, she doesn't know what she's going to tell him when he arrives later. Like he does a room check in her bedroom everytime he visits.