|Tracy Returns to the Dumping Ground|
|Series 1, Episode 1|
|Air date||8th January 2002|
|Written by||Elly Brewer|
|Directed by||Susan Tully|
|“||I didn't know Tracy Beaker was coming back!||”|
Tracy Returns to the Dumping Ground (sometimes called Tracy Returns) is the first episode of the first series of The Story of Tracy Beaker and the first episode of The Tracy Beaker Franchise. It first aired on 8th January 2002 on CBBC.
After another unsuccesful foster attempt, Tracy Beaker returns to the Dumping Ground kicking and screaming. And if things couldn't get any worse she finds out a new girl called Justine Littlewood has taken Tracy's old bedroom. And the two girls becoming enemies after Tracy breaks Justine's clock her Dad gave her. And Tracy's ex-best friend Louise Goven is Justine's new best friend. So Tracy decides to try to escape and meets a boy called Ben Batambuze who claims he's lving on the streets, but ends up getting picked up and taken back to the Dumping Ground by care worker Mike Milligan.
- Tracy Beaker - Dani Harmer
- Justine Littlewood - Montana Thompson
- Louise Goven - Chelsie Padley
- Adele Azupadi - Rochelle Gadd
- Ben Batambuze - Luke Youngblood
- Ryan Patterson - Sonny Muslim
- Zac Patterson - Jay Haher
- Peter Ingham - Joe Starrs
- Maxy King - Jerome Holder
- Jenny Edwards - Sharlene Whyte
- Mike Milligan - Connor Byrne
- Duke Ellington - Clive Rowe
- First appearance of Dani Harmer as Tracy Beaker.
- First appearance of Montanna Thompson as Justine Littlewood.
- First appearance of Chelsie Padley as Louise Goven.
- First appearance of Rochelle Gadd as Adele Azupadi.
- First appearance of Luke Youngblood as Ben Batambuze.
- First appearance of Sonny Muslim as Ryan Patterson.
- First appearance of Jay Haher as Zac Patterson.
- First appearance of Joe Starrs as Peter Ingham.
- First appearance of Jerome Holder as Maxy King.
- First appearance of Sharlene Whyte as Jenny Edwards.
- First appearance of Connor Byrne as Mike Milligan.
- First appearance of Clive Rowe as Duke Ellington.
- In the scene where Mike and Peter hear Tracy return, Mike tells him to call "International Rescue" if he does not return. This is a reference to the puppet tv show Thunderbirds, which featured an organisation named "International Rescue".
- The scene with Tracy, Ben and Mike in town were the first scenes ever to be filmed in The Story of Tracy Beaker.
- Mike mentions that Tracy had been living with Ted and Julie for 6 months.
- Stephen Lloyd-Crossley as Steve Littlewood is not credited.